Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Made Right Here



I've been meaning to post this for a while now... Here's a video of a pilot episode for a show called Made Right Here by All Plaidout. The video focuses on three factories producing clothing and accessories here in America. I really enjoy this video because American made products have become something I really value and I really love seeing skilled American workers making quality goods. This idea is more or less the focus of my company, Alder, quality crafted goods made in the USA. In a time of such economic turmoil in our country, how can you not shop USA?

I'm also going to share another video that shows a man creating a button-front shirt from start to finish (if any of my students are watching this, he should have created a muslin before going to his final fabric). I feel like so few people really understand that people make clothes, it doesn't just come out of some machine, this is what it more or less looks like to create a shirt. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...